That was a lot of work but also a lot of fun!
Scavenger Hunt Item #1 - What do you think of when you hear the word "Sphynx"?
We always thought of ancient Egypt when cats were worshipped. Then we met Dragonheart and now that's who we think about whenever we hear about a Sphynx. We liked this poem because it shows that we used to be worshipped and in a way, since we are all so loved, it hasn't changed all that much.
AN ODE TO CATS
Years ago, in Egypt, the people worshipped cats
Decked out in golden earrings, they sat on ornate mats,
With proud disdain, their haughty glance is still preserved in stone,
There's little doubt about it - they made the world their own.
Today we're far more civilised - we laugh at ancient folly,
Our cats are pets, they have their place, they keep down pests, they're jolly,
But have you ever tried to keep the softest, warmest chair?
Don't you find, unfailingly, your tabby's sleeping there>
And when you're pushed for shopping and his food is hard to find,
Have you ever known him settle for a poorer, cheaper kind?
When he decides he wants to roam, regardless of your flowers,
Can you make him use the paths and teach him 'those are ours'?
He'll go his way, he won't be ruled, the old adage rings true,
YOU may think 'I own a cat', the truth is - HE OWNS YOU!
Scavenger Hunt Item #2 - Full and common names of the following:
- Dragonheart ~~ HairNSkin Dragonheart known as Dragonheart or Drago
- His sire ~~ Champion HairNSkin Obi Wan Kenobi known as Obi
- His dam ~~ New Taj Mahal Sherazade of HairNSkin
- His brother and littermate ~~ HairNSkin Merlin known as Merlin
- His older sister ~~ From Dusk till Dawn of HairNSkin known as Dawn
Scavenger Hunt Item #3 -
- When did Dragonheart first start blogging? November 25, 2006
- What was his Gotcha Day? November 25, 2006
- When did his mom first post about him on her blog? September 12, 2006
Scavenger Hunt Item #4 -
What's another name for the Sphynx breed? Hairless
What was the name of the Sphynx cat in Austin Powers movies and what is the cat's real name?
The character was Mr. Bigglesworth and the cat was named Ted Nude-gent.
Scavenger Hunt Item #5 - Colors of the following cats:
- Dragonheart ~~ A black and white tuxedo Sphynx
- Dragonheart's sire ~~ A brown classic tabby and white Sphynx
- Dragonheart's dam ~~ A blue point Sphynx
According to CFA Sphynx allowable outcross breeds: American Shorthair, Domestic Shorthair/Domestic Sphynx Outcross.
Until when can these breeds be used?
Sphynx born on or after December 31, 2010 may have only Sphynx parents.
In Europe, what breed has been used most often as an outcross? The Devon Rex
Scavenger Hunt Item #6 - 3 themes that Dragonheart's breeder used and name of one cat from each theme.
- 5/15/2004 - Star Wars Theme - one of the kittens was named Han Solo
- 9/30/2005 - Around the World Theme - one kitten was named Meshika Azteka
- 00/00/2006 - Action Movies - one kitten was named Basic Instinct
- Cat ~~ die Katze
- Kitten ~~ das Katzchen, with umlaut over the "a" in Katzchen
- Cat Food ~~ die Katzenfutter
- Cat Litter ~~ das Katzenstreu
- Litterbox ~~ die Katzenkistchen or das Katzentoilette
- Scratching Post ~~ der Kratzbaum
- Catnip ~~das Katzenminze
- Cat Snacks ~~ die Katzen Schnellimbisse
The final scavenger hunt item is to provide a caption for the following photo:
Our caption is:
We've heard about the Crack of Dawn
but here's the Crack of Dragonheart.